Happy Summer!!

Happy Summer!!

Wherever Home is Parked?

Wherever Home is Parked?

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

the weather has been nice

We seem to go from hot to cool these days .. it was hot and now it’s been cooler and I’ve been sporting a jacket!  It feels like fall although I have to admit it’s wonderful weather to sit outside in my lounger and enjoying reading my books.  I have read several books this summer. 

20130805_141912

not sure if this is a good sign or not but my sunflowers are starting to bloom and their going to be beautiful.  I’m sure the birds are going to enjoy them as much as I do!

20130805_141920

hubby’s garden has finally taken off and we’ve been getting lots of cucumbers and I’ve put several zucchini and summer squash in the freezer for this winter.  Our tomatoes are late this year and we finally got our first one this past week.  We have lots of green ones but just one that has ripened enough.

20130805_142136

There is a good thing to staying put in one place all summer long and that is hubby enjoys his garden.  He missed that part of not having a home that stays in one place .. yet we both yearn for the day when we can start moving around again.  Although we have made commitments to stick around for a year.  So it’s going to be awhile.