Happy Summer!!

Happy Summer!!

Wherever Home is Parked?

Wherever Home is Parked?

Friday, October 26, 2012

Remising …

Since i can not sleep and I'm up with this aching back, legs and feet I’ve been sitting here remising about the old days .. years ago when my children were little i loved rainy days.  There was nothing i loved better then to lay and sleep as the rain came falling down.  I also enjoyed making some good warm soup to munch on while  curling up with a good romance book on a windy & cold winter day.  I used to love to watch the snow fall and know that i was stuck indoors for a few days.   Since that tragic day December 26th, 1996, i dread to see rain or cold days as i know that with rain or cold comes pain.   My life has changed so drastic since then.  It’s amazing how one tragic event can change your entire world upside down.

Instead of laying and loving to hear the sound of rain on the roof top, i lay in bed on heating pads and wish for the rain and esp the pain to stop.  When the cold starts coming it’s time for us to pack up and head to warmer climate.   It makes it hard as this kind of weather is hubby’s favorite time of the year.  He lives for Spring and Fall.  Hubby enjoys the cooler days and he loves walking in the woods with the rain misting.  We try to find a happy medium for us both.  That is why we are still in the now chilly and raining Midwest of Illinois.  Hubby wanted to enjoy some fall weather.  It’s looking like he is going to get to enjoy some winter weather as well. (Although hubby doesn’t take the cold as well anymore either, his aching bones do not like cold anymore then mine do) I know what is ahead of me with the weather were going to have and it’s not good.  Although i will endure and suffer through to allow my hubby to enjoy his seasons that he loves.  All i would have to say is let’s go and he would pack me up and take me out of this cold but for my husband i will endure a week of winter.

While remising of the old days it has also made me realize how we take for granted the simple pleasures of enjoying things you come to appreciate it once you lose the ability to enjoy them.  Although on the bright side had that tragic event not taken place we wouldn’t be enjoying our lives today getting to travel around the country and see what other parts of the world have to offer.  There is always a bright side to all things in life.  Sometimes we just have to dig dip and look hard to find them.

So tonight as lay in pain I'm trying to remember that “this too shall pass” and be thankful for what i do and can do.  I’m not sure what the next will hold for me with the weather predictions.  I know that I'm so thankful that i have most of my packing part done.  All i have left to do inside is take a few things down and those last minute preparations.  We have several things outside to get rid of and hopefully this weekend the kids will those things and put them in storage as we will not need them this winter (grands bikes, toys and etc).