Happy Summer!!

Happy Summer!!

Wherever Home is Parked?

Wherever Home is Parked?

Friday, March 25, 2011

where have i been?

Friday … I called this morning and argued with our insurance about covering our AC from the brown out. They are claiming that electrical may be excluded from our coverage and i reminded them that i was never informed this and that i am not willing to take this lightly. It seems we will be looking for a new insurance company in the near future.

Hubby decided regardless we need our AC looked out and so a repairman came out this afternoon and checked our unit out and sure enough it’s the compressor. He gave me a statement in writing that he is sure it was the brown out because everything else seems to be in good working order. He is going to price a new compressor and price a new unit to see which is our best option. Regardless it has to be fixed and i will fight it out later with our insurance and what ever action i may need to take.

The temps have been in the high 80’s and so by afternoon our living room is warmer then the rest of camper. Our bedroom AC just isn’t big enough to cool our entire home. The repairman did disconnect the wire so that we can circulate the air with the fan part if we need too.

I spent a few hours sitting outside this evening enjoying another great night.

For now i will not be saying who our insurance company is .. I will wait to pass judgment until we see what they do. I am going to be making phone calls on Monday to inquire with other carriers.

Hope you all have a great weekend .. we have a wedding to attend tomorrow.

Thursday … I slept in again today and i had just gotten dressed when one of the ladies came to remind me it was devotional day. Yes, I forgot! So i hurried to get ready and went over. Devotions got a late start so they had a late ending and then it was time to get lunch. After lunch I spent my afternoon being lazy as i was still wore out from the day before. I spent my evening outside enjoying the wonderful evenings we’ve been having.

Wednesday … I slept in and then i picked up and did a couple loads of laundry. After lunch i went over and painted the boards on the carports. All the volunteers have been moved from the carports to the cottages to help finish up and get the homes livable again.

I worked all afternoon painting and then after dinner i sat outside and visited for a little bit and then it was time to hit the shower and bed.